Sunday, October 19, 2014

Stuffed Porkchop with Bacon & Mushrooms

Hubby came home last Thursday night and asked me about stuffed porkchops - specifically, do I know what they are and can I make them ?

I confessed that I have not heard of stuffed porkchops before but that I didn't think they'd be overly complicated. I was also thinking of that new knife we have that's very sharp, it would be so simple to cut a pocket into a pork chop.

I looked up "stuffed pork chops recipes" online and a lot of hits came up with a lot of variations on the stuffing. It looked like it was just a matter of choosing which ones will work best for us.

And so for round 1, I decided to go with a no-brainer - bacon and mushrooms. We love bacon, we love mushrooms, what can go wrong ?


  1. Saute the bacon and mushrooms. I just sauteed them till the bacon was cooked.
  2. Seasoned the porkchop and cut a pocket into it.
  3. Stuffed the filling inside the porkchops and sealed the cut with a toothpick
  4. Browned the sides on a pan.
  5. turned the heat to low, covered the pan and sort of baked the pork chops till they're cooked.
They turned out juicy and tasty :)





No comments: